Saturday, October 13, 2007

Weekend Events

Each weekend I talk about the open house schedule, because that is generally the way I spend my weekend. Last weekend I threw in a few other events that were going on around the city and I got a positive response. I think I may start a new series; The Weekend Events series. I will, of course, still report on open houses, but having an idea of what is going on in the city may help you in a coule of different ways. First of all it will give you an idea of what each neighborhood has to offer. Secondly, it will tell you what areas to avoid if you just want to look at open houses and don't want to bother with crowds and trouble parking. Thirdly, you could combine activites.

First for the real estate side. I was happy to see more properties hit the market this week; finally our buyers have new things to see. Hopefully that will continue through the next couple of months. The Chronicle lists 149 Open Homes for Saturday the 13th, and 941 Open Homes for Sunday, October 14th. Those are good numbers; they are up from last month. If at any time you want me to narrow that number down to fit your criteria, send me an email and I will get you a personlized open house list that includes only your neighborhoods of interest, price range, etc.

One neighborhood that will be extra busy today, Saturday the 13th, is Noe Valley as they will be hosting their annual harvest festival. This festival features costume contests, live music, activities for children, and a hayride down 24th Street! That's also a warning! If you want to do both, harvest festival and open homes, here is a list of what will be open in Noe Valley.

If you're up for a nice cold beer, you may want to find your way to Oktoberfest By The Bay! Head over to Fort Mason for your fix of German food, music, and dancing. Have a look at these properties that will be open in the Marina. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: